- Ph.D. Penn State University
- M.Ed. Penn State University '06, '12
- B.S. California University of Pennsylvania
Presentations & Workshops
- “iPad: Capitalizing Accessibility Features for Students with Special Needs”
- Westmoreland Intermediate Unit online one week course through Moodle, summer 2013.
- “Augmented Reality Tools and Applications for Education” Spring 2013, Co-presented session at Symposium for Teaching and Learning with Technology (TLT)
- “A Model for Effective Technology Integration”, Spring 2013, Co-presented pre-conference three hour session at PETE&C
- “There is an app for that, but do we need it?”, Spring 2013, Co-presented a roundtable discussion at PETE&C
- “iPad apps for every special education teacher”, Spring 2013, One hour session at PETE&C
- “iPad apps for students who are deaf or hard of hearing”, Fall 2012, Presentation at Westmoreland Intermediate Unit
- “Hidden Web 2.0 Tools from 2011”, Spring 2012, Fall 2012, Spring 2013, Westmoreland Intermediate Unit online one week course through Moodle
- “Special Accommodations and Apps for the Visually Impaired, Summer 2012, Simplek12 Webinar
- “Assistive Technology for Students Diagnosed with Communication Disorders” Spring 2012, Simple K12 Webinar
- “Lovely world of live-binders”, Fall 2011, Co-presented at Three Rivers Education Technology Conference (TRETC)
- “Using the interactive whiteboard in the special education classroom”, Spring 2011, Co-presented at PETE&C and ISTE
- “Assistive technology in the autistic support classroom” , Fall 2008, Co-presented at Slippery Rock Autism Awareness Conference
- “College life and AAC: Just do it.”, Spring 2007, Co-created a webcast.
- Students with special needs
- Mobile learning
- Augmented reality
- Assistive technology
- EDUC 204 The Technologies of Instruction (Fall, 2014)
- Boating on the lake and watching my husband waterski
- Spending time with family and friends
- I make a mean chocolate truffle.
- I unwind by watching some great shows, such as: I Love Lucy, Lost, Heroes, Battlestar Galactica, and The Wizard of Oz to name a few.
- I enjoy reading, some of my favorites include: Heaven is for Real and The Shack.