Grove City College’s Family Weekend will bring hundreds of visitors to campus this weekend to experience the best that the College and its students have to offer.
A full slate of events and activities highlighting student achievement and talent are offered from Friday, May 3 to Sunday, May 5. Highlights, which are free and open to the public, include:
- The annual Spring Dance Company Show, which will be performed at 8 p.m. Thursday, May 2 and Friday and at 12:30 p.m. Saturday in the Arena of the Physical Learning Center. This year’s performance centers on the theme of “Inspirations.”
- All-College Sing, which displays the talent and creativity of campus fraternities, sororities, housing groups and independent organizations at 7 p.m. Saturday in the Arena of the Physical Learning Center. The performances will be followed by an awards ceremony, including awards for group academics and athletic achievements.
- One-Act Plays, presented by the College’s theater honorary Tau Alpha Pi, at 6 and 8:30 p.m. Friday and 12:30 and 3 p.m. Saturday in the Little Theater of Pew Fine Arts Center.
- The Grove City College Singers perform in concert at 6 p.m. Friday in Arnold Recital Hall of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- The Symphonic Band and Wind Ensemble Concert will be at 7:30 p.m. Friday in Ketler Auditorium of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- The College’s Jazz Ensemble and Stage Band will perform at 1:30 p.m. Saturday in Ketler Auditorium of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- Senior Engineering Design Open House from 3:30 p.m. to 5 p.m. Friday in Hoyt Hall laboratories
- Student Research Showcase from 9:30 a.m. to 11 a.m. Saturday in the upper level of Breen Student Union.
- Student Art Exhibit on display from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in the Gallery of Pew Fine Arts Center.
- Worship service at 10 a.m. Sunday in Harbison Chapel. Interim Chaplain D. Dean Weaver ’86 will direct the service, which includes the commissioning of the 2019 Red Box Global Outreach Volunteers.
Most of the performances, including All-College Sing, will be livestreamed at. gcc.edu/livestream.
Family Weekend is an opportunity for Grove City College students to celebrate their academic accomplishments and year with their families. It is a tradition that dates back to the earliest days of Grove City College when students celebrated spring with elaborate May pageants that included a multi-part dance show and the crowing of a May queen. This year’s celebration continues to build on tradition with weekend activities that are an intergenerational celebration of the College’s legacy and student success.