Grove City College celebrates student achievement, talent, and community during Family Weekend 2022, April 29 and 30 on campus.
“Family Weekend is a time to appreciate the cumulative academic, service, musical, athletic, and social achievements of students throughout the academic year and honor the families who support and encourage them along the way,” said Melissa A. (Trifaro ’96) MacLeod, senior director of Alumni and College Relations.
The weekend is packed with events and activities highlighting Grove City College’s family-centric character and showcasing student excellence, from student research and senior projects to athletics and the arts.
Highlights include the always entertaining All College Sing at 7 p.m. Saturday, April 30, in the Arena of the Physical Learning Center, and the Wolverine Venture Battle entrepreneurship competition from 1 to 4 p.m. Friday, April 29, in Sticht Lecture Hall of the Staley Hall of Arts and Letters.
Other weekend events include a baseball game against PAC rival Chatham, a live broadcast from Breen Student Union by the Wolverine Broadcast Network, legacy events for multi-generation Grover families, and music, theater, and dance performances, including:
- Orchesis – 8 p.m. Thursday, April 28, and Friday, plus 11:30 a.m. Saturday in the Arena.
- TAP One Acts – 8 p.m. Friday, plus 12:30 and 3 p.m. Saturday in the Little Theatre of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- Student Art show – 4 to 8 p.m. Friday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday in the Gallery of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- Grove City College Singers – 6 p.m. Friday in Arnold Recital Hall in the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- Symphonic Concert Band and Wind Ensemble Concert – 7:30 p.m. Friday in Ketler Auditorium of the Pew Fine Arts Center.
- College Jazz Ensemble and Stage Band – 1:30 pm. Saturday in Crawford Hall Auditorium.
For livestream links for weekend performances and a complete Family Weekend 2022 schedule, visit alumni.gcc.edu/familyweekend.