- DSc Health Sciences - Human and Sport Performance, Rocky Mountain University of Health Professions, 2018
- M.S. Exercise Science, California University of Pennsylvania, 2010
- B.S. Kinesiology, Pennsylvania State University, 2003
Professional Experience, Affiliations & Certifications
Areas of Expertise
- Personal Training/Strength and Conditioning/Program Design
- Movement Analysis and Corrective Exercise
- Alternative Training Methods
- Quadrupedal Movement Training and alternative training methods
- Low carbohydrate high fat diets and performance and health
- Ketogenic supplements
- General human and sport performance
- EXER 230 Introduction to Exercise Science Program Design
- EXER 307 Exercise Prescription
- EXER 221 Personal Training
- EXER 309 Biomechanics
- EXER 310 Functional Kinesiology
- EXER 377 Research Methods
- EXER 407 Research Practicum
- EXER 402 Certified Exercise Physiologist
- Buxton, J., Otwell, C. J., Petit, J., Gwaltney, H., Grabiec, N., Luithle, S., & Prins, P. (2023). The Effects of a Novel Lateral Ankle Strengthening Program in NCAA Division III Football Players. Research Directs in Strength and Performance, 3(1).
- Buga, A., Crabtree, C. D., Stoner, J. T., Decker, D. D., Robinson, B. T., Kackley, M. L., & Prins, P. J. (2023). Metabolic and ruck performance effects of a novel, light‐weight, energy‐dense ketogenic bar. Experimental Physiology, 108(5), 715-727.
- Prins, P. J., Noakes, T. D., Buga, A., D’Agostino, D. P., Volek, J. S., Buxton, J. D., ... & Koutnik, A. P. (2023). Low and high carbohydrate isocaloric diets on performance, fat oxidation, glucose and cardiometabolic health in middle-aged males. Frontiers in Nutrition, 10, 1084021.
- Ault, D. L., Elsey, G. E., Brest, K. W., Wilkinson, P. D., Meola, J. C., Slack, M. A., Prins, P. J., & Gerhart, H. D. Daily Ingestion of a Multi-Strain Probiotic Improves Symptoms of Depression, Anxiety, and Stress in College-Aged Individuals.
- Buxton, J. D., Sherman, S. A., Sterrett, M. T., Kannel, K. D., Blanchflower, M. E., Jancay, K. T., & Prins, P. J. (2022). A comparison of the energy demands of quadrupedal movement training to walking. Frontiers in Sports and Active Living, 4, 401.
- Additional publications can be found on ResearchGate.
Interviews, News, and Media
- Brawn Body Health and Fitness Podcast with Philip Prins & Jeff Buxton, The Keto Brick Study, Ketogenic Diet Impact on Performance, Animal Flow, & More.
- The Keto Savage Podcast with Jeff Buxton, In the Flow with Jeff Buxton.
- Brawn Body Health and Fitness Podcast with Jeff Buxton, Dr. Jeff Buxton – Animal Flow & Quadrupedal Movement, Low Carb Diet Impact on Performance, & MORE!
- WFMJ News, New Study at Grove City College on athletes and their diets.
- The Flowist e-magazine, COMPARING ANIMAL FLOW TO WALKING: WHICH BURNS MORE ENERGY? The latest science on the energy demands of quadrupedal movement training.
- The Flowist e-magazine, THE SCIENCE BEHIND ANIMAL FLOW Proven benefits for body and brain.
You might be surprised to know...
I have a fraternal twin brother who looks exactly (well almost) like me…and my wife is a twin! I love the outdoors particularly flyfishing and hunting.