Social networking sites like LinkedIn,
Facebook and Twitter are increasingly being used by
individuals today to assist with their job search and to
build their network of contacts. How you use these
tools is important. You want to make sure you're
representing yourself well online. "Your Google
results are your new resume", according to Dick Bolles.
One study showed that as high as 90% of recruiters Google
their candidates, and 26% eliminated candidates based upon
their online findings (ExecuNet). Thus, be aware of
your "e-footprint". If used responsibly, though, these
tools have the capability to significantly help you in your
Social Media Career Articles
• MonsterCollege – 5 Smart Steps on Twitter
• TIME Business – Using Twitter and Facebook to Find a Job
• Clean Up Your Social Media Identity (Copyright (c) 2012 by College Recruitment Media, Inc., Geneva, IL)
LinkedIn (visit site)
• What is LinkedIn? – A short video offering a helpful overview of LinkedIn.
• LinkedIn for Students – LinkedIn's tip sheets and videos created specifically for students.
• LinkedIn Profile Checklist
• LinkedIn Jobs for Students and Recent Graduates
• LinkedIn General Help Center Page
• Top 10 Online Job Hunting Tips & Top 5 Profile Tips for LinkedIn