Financial Aid Timelines

Financial Aid Timelines

High School Seniors

 

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

> Narrow your list of prospective colleges to a reasonable number (5–10).

> Request application materials from the schools you intend to apply to.

> Request recommendation letters from school counselors, teachers and employers.

> RSVP to attend one of Grove City College’s Crimson Days.

OCTOBER/NOVEMBER

> Fill out admission applications and write essays.

> Request copies of your high school transcripts to submit with your applications.

> Attend college fairs and meet with college representatives who visit your school.

DECEMBER/ JANUARY

> Gather the federal tax information necessary to complete the Grove City College Financial Aid Application. The Application can be completed online or downloaded at gcc.edu/Financial_Aid.

> Submit the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible if applying for state grant funds. Please see the state grant page on the Financial Aid section of our website for important information about the FAFSA.

> Keep copies of all applications and supporting materials.

> Apply for private scholarships.

FEBRUARY/MARCH

> Submit the Grove City College Financial Aid Application with all supporting documents.

> Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If corrections are needed, print them on the form and return it to the FAFSA processor, or make updates online at fafsa.ed.gov.

> Packages for accepted students with completed application records are sent out beginning March 15.

APRIL/MAY

> Receive and review your award packet.

> Contact the Financial Aid Office with any questions.

JUNE/JULY

> If you are obtaining a private student loan, begin the application process as soon as possible after June 15. There are a number of lender options available. More information is available on our website or by calling the Financial Aid Office.

> Attend one of Grove City College’s Summer Preview Sessions.

> Notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships from private sources, regardless of the funds being sent to the College or the student.

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

> If you are interested in work-study, search for on-campus employment.

> Arrive on campus, make new friends, study hard!

> Notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships from private sources.

 

Returning Students

 

DECEMBER/ JANUARY

> Gather the federal tax information necessary to complete the Grove City College Financial Aid Application. The Application can be completed online or downloaded at gcc.edu/Financial_Aid.

> Submit the FAFSA as soon after January 1 as possible if applying for state grant funds. Please see the state grant page on the Financial Aid section of our website for important information about the FAFSA.

> Keep copies of all applications and supporting materials.

> Apply for private scholarships.

FEBRUARY/MARCH

> Submit the Grove City College Financial Aid Application with all supporting documents.

> Review your Student Aid Report (SAR) for accuracy. If corrections are needed, print them on the form and return it to the FAFSA processor, or make updates online at fafsa.ed.gov.

JUNE/JULY

> If you are obtaining a private student loan, begin the application process as soon as possible after June 15. There are a number of lender options available. More information is available on our website or by calling the Financial Aid Office.

> Notify the Financial Aid Office of any outside scholarships from private sources.

AUGUST/SEPTEMBER

> If you are interested in work-study, search for on-campus employment.

> Arrive back on campus for another great year!

Q: WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO QUALIFY FOR NEED-BASED AID?

A: Students are required to complete the Grove City College Financial Aid Application to be considered for need-based aid. The application is available on our website and may be submitted electronically or via hard copy. The supporting documents for the application may be sent via mail or email.

Q: WILL ANY OUTSIDE SCHOLARSHIPS THAT I RECEIVE REDUCE MY GROVE CITY COLLEGE FINANCIAL AID?

A: Outside scholarships will not decrease the amount of aid offered by us unless the total amount of aid exceeds the cost of attendance.

Q: ARE LOAN OPTIONS AVAILABLE?

A: We accept any privately insured student loan. In addition, we offer the Grove City College Student Loan, owned by PNC Bank and serviced by American Education Services. Students may obtain up to $12,000 through the Grove City College Student Loan Program during their first year of attendance.

Q: ARE THERE STUDENT EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES?

A: Approximately 1,000 students work on campus each year. Interested students should complete the Student Employment Application available on the campus portal. Incoming freshman students may work up to 10 hours per week. Returning students may work up to 20 hours per week. Student employees receive a paycheck for hours worked.