Grove City College has been ranked the #1 college for homeschool graduates. Grove City College defines a homeschooled student as one who is taught at home by his/her parents or by a group of individuals outside the traditional educational system.
Homeschooled students who have taken college classes as a supplement to their home education training and who have been accepted as freshmen, either under Early Decision or Regular Decision admission, will remain as freshmen their first year and will progress forward in class standing each year along with their peers.
Application Requirements for Homeschooled Students
- The application
- $50 application fee
- SAT and/or ACT scores sent directly from College Board.
- An official high school transcript and any college transcripts. The transcript should include the student’s course of study and grades.
- Two letters of recommendation from individuals outside the home
- One essay (see application for the topics)
- Serious applicants are strongly encouraged to schedule an on-campus interview- click HERE to learn about campus visit options.
We recognize that each homeschool family is unique. To better understand the student's high school experience, we highly encourage a personal interview. Students should be prepared to elaborate on courses they have studied and activities they have participated in outside the home.
Homeschool Community Informational Presentations
If you would like to learn more about Grove City College, you may request an admissions staff member to present to your homeschool co-op or community. Presentations are limited by counselor availability and must be in conjunction with travel schedules.
To request a homeschool community informational presentation, please call our office at (724) 458-2100. To best serve the needs of all prospective students and families, we recommend those who live within a day's drive of the College to schedule a personalized campus visit. Visiting campus is the most crucial component of the college search and selection process, thus we encourage all students to experience Grove City College firsthand.