To apply for a passport, go to one of the approved acceptance facilities.
to search for a facility.
Closest to Grove City:
Mercer County Prothonotary’s Office –
105 Courthouse, Mercer, PA 16137
Butler Post Office –
345 South Main St., Butler, PA 16001
Wexford Main Post Office –
10675 Perry Highway, Wexford, PA 15090
Crawford County Prothonotary’s Office –
903 Diamond Park, Meadville, PA 16335
Call ahead to find out if there are any regulations or fees specific to your area.
The processing of a passport application can take six to eight weeks. Apply Now!
What you will need when applying for a passport:
1. Certified copy of birth certificate bearing:
- raised seal
- file date within a year of birth
- name correctly spelled
- names of parents must be included
2. Two recent passport photos.
3. Check or money order made payable to “Passport Services.” The fee typically ranges from $85.00-$145.00.
A money order will often expedite the process. Most offices will not take cash.
4. There may be an execution fee.
5. Identification such as a driver’s license with photo and signature.
6. Social Security Number
A visa is official permission, granted by the authorities of a country where you will study or visit, which allows you to enter and
remain in that country for a period of time. Some countries require you to obtain a visa either in the U.S. or at a consulate abroad.
Costs and entrance requirements vary. Expect to pay between $75 and $200.
Find out now if you will need a visa for places where you will either live or visit. On average, visas can take up to eight weeks to
Chile - General Information
France - General Information
Ireland - General Information
South Korea - General Information
Japan - General Information