Founded as one of the original Andrew Carnegie libraries,
Henry Buhl Library has always stood as a haven of learning for both the college
and community. With approximately 138,000 books and bound periodicals, 140,000 e-books, 3,000 videos, and 80,000 periodical and newspaper subscriptions accessible through over 100 databases, patrons are given the necessary tools to do exceptional research.
Originally housed in Carnegie Hall on the corner of Main and
Broad streets, the library was moved to upper campus in 1954, to the sandstone building we are familiar with today. Although
the library has changed a great deal in the past 50 years, the intent has
always been the same: to provide good quality collections and effective
reference service in a beautiful and well-kept building.