Every student earning a Bachelor of Science degree in exercise science must complete an internship. Exercise science internships must be at least 300 clock hours of on-site, in-person work. For students planning to continue their studies at physical or occupational therapy programs, these internship hours can count towards observation hours. Internships may be completed during the fall, spring or summer.
What’s the process?
Identify a facility where you would like to intern. Contact the facility, meet with them in person and confirm that you will be able to complete your internship there.
- Complete the application below. It requires the signatures of your parents, your on-site supervisor at the internship and your academic advisor.
- Submit your application to the Registrar’s Office before Study Day of the semester prior to your internship. May Study Day is the application deadline for summer and fall internships. December Study Day is the application deadline for spring internships.
- Once your application has been submitted to the Registrar’s Office, you will be given the guidelines for the written work to be completed during your internship. Submit all your written work in one binder to your academic advisor at the conclusion of your internship.
Recently, students have interned at:
- TMS Physical Therapy
- Grove City YMCA
- Robert Morris University Strength and Conditioning
- Kent State University Strength and Conditioning
- Saint Clair Country Club
- Excel Orthopedic Rehabilitation
- Positive Steps Physical, Occupational, Speech and Developmental Therapy
- Specialty Orthopedics
- Grove City High School Athletic Department
- Cool Springs Fitness and Aquatics
- Mohawk Physical Therapy and Fitness
- Buhl Community Recreation Center
- Grove City Medical Center
- LA Fitness
- Jumonville Christian Retreat Center
- Grove City College Physical Education Department Athletic Training