“Everything that can be thought at all can be thought clearly. Everything that can be said can be said clearly.” – Ludwig Wittgenstein
The Writing Program at Grove City College facilitates careful thinking and clear writing across the academic and professional disciplines. We bring extensive knowledge of composition pedagogy as well as practiced proficiency in the rhetorical arts to our work with students and scholars.
Our primary initiatives include:
• Designing, teaching and assessing the first-year composition course, Foundations of Academic Discourse (WRIT101)
• Recruiting and training undergraduate tutors who conference with other students in the Writing Center
• Offering writing concentrations available to all majors and areas of study
• Consulting with faculty concerning best practices in teaching and evaluating writing
• Collaborating with curricular committees and department chairs to integrate writing throughout the HUMA and major core curricula