What is your educational background?
- Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, Yale University
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Exchange Student, Gothenburg, Sweden
- M.E. and B.E. Mechanical Engineering, Carleton University, Ottawa, Canada
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE), PA
What are the main focuses of your research?
My main focuses of research are international education and managing international education projects. I currently serve as the director of the Grove City College European Study Center in Nantes, France, and as field director for the Grove City College Office of International Education.
What specific courses or specialties do you teach?
- Engineering Management
- Mechanical Engineering Instrumentation
- International Design Projects
- Engineering Economy
The first three classes are taught at the Grove City College European Study Center in Nantes, France, and reflect my passion for study abroad. Engineering economy is required of all engineering seniors and is a wonderful introduction to the finance and budgeting portion of design.
In your opinion, what is the most important piece of advice you give students to help them succeed?
Keep up with assigned homework and come to class. I try to make class interesting and rewarding for those who take the time to attend…and everyone does!
- “Rapport de Stage Culturel (Report on French/US Cultural Exchange in Engineering),” report generated by French student exchange (faculty advisor), ONIRIS, Nantes, France and Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 2017.
- “Ultra-Low-Cost Flexible Sensor Array for Tunnel Ovens,” student project report (faculty advisor in France), ONIRIS, Nantes, France and Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 2016.
- “Creation of a Portable Electrohydrodynamic Drying Apparatus,” student project report (faculty advisor in France), ONIRIS, Nantes, France and Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 2015.
- “10-Year Internal Audit Report,” Office of International Education, Grove City College, Grove City, PA, 2014.
- “Teaching Engineers Cross-Cultural Skills,” Proceedings of the 2013 ASEE North Central Section Conference, Columbus, Ohio, 2013.
- “Instrumentation Laboratory Course at a Foreign Study Center with Concurrent Instruction,” Proceedings of the Interdisciplinary Design Education Conference, San Jose, CA, 2013.
- “A Pilot Internship Immersion program for Students in France and the USA,” 14th Annual Colloquium on International Engineering Education, BYU, Provo, Utah, 2011.
Is there any additional personal experience you would like to share?
Enjoy and treasure your college years, and put the Lord first in all you do - opportunities to serve others only come by once!