- Artist’s Diploma, Duquesne University
- M.M. Harp Performance, Indiana University
- M.A. International Studies, Ohio University
- B.F.A. Harp Performance, Ohio University
I teach classical pedal harp and folk/lever harp.
- Fulbright Scholar to Ecuador, 1986
- Harp Soloist, National Red Cross, for funerals of Flight 93, Indian Lake, 2001
- Over 20 years subbing with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra at Heinz Hall and on tour
- Principal harpist with both Westmoreland and Butler Symphonies since 1995
- Principal harpist with the Ecuadorian National Symphony, 1986 - 1990
- Rita Sharpes
- Mildred Dilling
- Josef Molnar
- Susann McDonald
- Gretchen Van Hoesen
- Masterclasses with Isabell Perrin
- Classical solo, orchestral, chamber
- Folk harp
- Directing harp ensemble
- Writing arrangements
- Developing excellent technique
- Editing solo works
- Orchestral preparation
- Chamber music
- Arranging/orchestration for harp ensemble
I have done several orchestrations which have been performed live with harp ensemble and orchestra, but I haven’t published them yet!
What is the most important piece of advice you give students to help them succeed?
Always practice with your best sound, best focus, best relaxation, and best intention. I like to teach students to do things that they never thought they could!
I was honored to be chosen as harpist by the National Red Cross for the funerals held for the deceased American heroes of Flight 93 at Indian Lake in September 2001. I was privileged to represent the U.S. as a Fulbright Scholar to Ecuador in 1986 and spent 4.5 years with the National Symphony Orchestra in Quito, Ecuador. I was given with the orchestra soloist status and performed frequently as a concerto soloist, including a performance for the Ecuadorian President. While there I also studied and made field recordings of Andean folk harp in the Otavalo and Ambato regions of the country.
Also, I was a sub with the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra (PSO) from 1995 to 2017, playing under many conductors. I played Principal Harp with them on their Canadian Tour with Andrea Bocelli in 1998. I also accompanied them to Carnegie Hall as Second Harpist for the 100th anniversary of the PSO and played there under the direction of Lorin Maazel.