Grove City College President Paul J. McNulty ’80 has announced the establishment of the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity to further the College’s efforts in the promotion of a diverse learning community.
The council will help guide recommendations in the development of strategic initiatives for the recruitment and retention of students, the hiring of new employees and broadening perspectives among all members of the community. It includes faculty, staff, students and alumni who bring relevant experiences to the council’s work as the College addresses opportunities for enriching the campus culture and better preparing students for their personal and professional callings.
“I’m very thankful for the enthusiastic support of the council members and their willingness to lean into this important challenge. The College’s mission is to equip students for serving God and others in a broken world. Increasing diversity within our campus community will strengthen cultural awareness,” McNulty said. “Through our efforts, we will build a stronger Grove City College to prepare new generations for leadership that serves the common good.”
The council has already held its first meeting and will continue to meet monthly.
Members of the President’s Advisory Council on Diversity are:
- Dr. Seulgi Byun, Chair of the Department of Biblical and Religious Studies and Philosophy and Associate Professor of Biblical and Religious Studies
- Jessica Cooley ’01, Director of Communications and Enrollment, Cuyahoga Valley Christian Academy
- Dr. Peter Frank ’95, Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs
- Dr. Lisa Hosack, Director of the Social Work Program and Associate Professor of Social Work
- Justin Jose, Director of Multicultural Education & Initiatives
- Tanohah Leon ’23, Grove City College student
- Cedric Lewis, Esq., Guest Lecturer of Entrepreneurship and Business
- Christopher Merrick, Resident Director, Hicks Hall
- Dr. Donald Opitz, Chaplain and Senior Director of Spiritual Formation
- Justice Rice ’21, Grove City College student
- Leo Sayles, Head Volleyball Coach and Associate Athletic Director for Sports Ministry