- Ph.D., M.S., Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., Kutztown University
- Horton, J. J., Seybold, K. S., & Welton, G. L. (2008). Social organizations as a path to self-control: Does religious participation promote character development? (White Paper). Retrieved from the Center for Vision and Values at Grove City College website: http://www.visandvals.org/Social_Organizations_as_a_Path_to_Self_control.php
- Horton, J. J. (2007). Honestly considering abstinence education. (White Paper). Retrieved from the Center for Vision and Values at Grove City College website: http://www.visandvals.org/Honestly_Considering_Abstinence_Education.php
- Thomas, H, & Horton, J. J. (1997). Competency criteria and the class inclusion task: Modeling judgments and justifications. Developmental Psychology, 33, 1060-1073.
- Dr. Horton is a frequent contributor for the Center for Vision and Values. His columns may be read here:
- Dr. Horton has mentored many student research projects including:
- Croft, B. N. , DeMers, M., Haas, K., Terrana, K., & Horton, J. J. (2010). Children’s attention to rules in sorting cards. Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research, 15, 8-12.
- Benedetti, A. A., Dawson, C. L., Staranko, S. L. Swanson, E. A., & Horton, J. J. (2009). The effect of display rules on the illusion of transparency in children. Modern Psychological Studies, 15, 22-30.
- Stites, E. L., Kennison, S. M., & Horton, J. J. (2004). Are boys really better at math: The influence of gender stereotyped scenarios on word problem performance. Psi Chi Journal of Undergraduate Research, 9, 119-125.
- Positive youth development
- Marriage education
- PSYC 101 Foundations of Psychological Science
- PSYC 209 Child Development
- PSYC 322 Marriage and Family Assessment and Intervention
- PSYC 404 Advanced Research Methods
- Dr. Horton is active in the pro-life movement. He served for seven years on the board of Pregnancy Services of Western Pennsylvania.
- One of Dr. Horton’s passions is spreading the word about the importance of good marital and premarital education. He is certified in the Prepare/Enrich program.
- In his spare time, Dr. Horton enjoys watching football with his wife and daughter who also enjoy football.
Read Dr. Horton's posts with The Institute for Faith & Freedom.