- Post-Doctoral, Cornell University
- Ph.D. Chemistry, University of Illinois-Champaign
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Illinois-Champaign
- American Chemical Society
- Tau Beta Pi
- Phi Lambda Upsilon
Areas of Expertise
- Computational Chemistry
- Molecular Modelling
- Chem 101, 102, 105, 345, 346, 445
- Scic 203
- Calculation of Ring Strain Energies
- Modeling of energy barrier to pedal motion in solid state
- M.K. Stedgan and J.D. Augspurger, J. Phys. Org. Chem. 28, 298 (2015). "Ring Strain Energies in Ether- and Lactone-containing Spiro Compounds."
- S.B. Dickman and J.D. Augspurger, THEOCHEM 851, 363 (2008). "Computational Note on the Potential Energy Surface of CH2SO2."
- N.R. Luman, M.P. King, and J.D. Augspurger, J. Comp. Chem. 22, 366 (2001) "Predicting 15N Amide Chemical Shifts in Proteins. I. An Additive Model for the backbone Contribution."
You might be surprised to know
I have hiked to the top of Long’s Peak and the bottom of the Grand Canyon, and spent a summer traveling the coast of Algeria.