- B.A, James Madison University
- M.A., UNC-Chapel Hill
- Ph.D., UNC-Chapel Hill
- George Herbert Society
- American Shakespeare Center
- Orthodox Christian Fellowship
- Front Porch Republic
Areas of Expertise
- Renaissance, medieval and classical literature
- Wendell Berry
- Renaissance, Medieval and Classical Literature
- The Sacramental Tradition
- Arthurian Literature
- Theology and rhetoric especially concerning George Herbert, Shakespeare and Wendell Berry
- “Understanding Mystical Theology in George Herbert’s ‘Prayer (I)’” in Locating George Herbert: Family, Place, and Traditions. Eds. Helen Wilcox and Christopher Hodgkins. Forthcoming.
- “Curriculum and Culture According to Wendell Berry,” in Faith, Freedom and Higher Education: Historical Analysis and Contemporary Reflections. Ed. P.C. Kemeny. Eugene, OR: Wipf & Stock Publishers, 2013. 149-164.
- “The Crossing of Love: Shakespeare’s Chiastic Wit in Romeo and Juliet,” in Romeo and Juliet. Ignatius Critical Editions. Ed. Joseph Pearce. San Francisco: Ignatius Press, 2011. 195-204.
- “Rhetoric and Renaissance Culture by Heinrich Plett: a Review.” Historiographia Linguistica 33:3 (2006) 410-413.
- “Immortal Signs: Science, Sacrament and the Poetics of Immortality.” Language and Communication 26 (2006) 369-380.
- Grove City College since 2007
- UNC-Chapel Hill
- UVA's College at Wise
- Eastern Mennonite University
- College basketball
You might be surprised to know
I have run a half-marathon.